Where I am...

I started this adoption journey almost four years ago. There have been many unexpected twists and turns but now I am on the road to adopting a baby girl from Russia. Although not her real name we will call her...Hope. For it symbolizes what she is. A miracle, sometimes a dream, always longed and prayed for. With all current paperwork completed all that stands in my way is finances. I invite you to follow my journey as my faith is tested, my belief grows deeper, and soon my Hope will be placed in my arms after so long living in my heart...May you be inspired, encouraged, humored, provoked to think, and always drawn closer to God.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Scripture and A Snapshot



Gods plans are....big and hard and beautiful and magical and frustrating and perfect. The desires of my heart...To be a mommy. To bring my little girl home from wherever she is....God can do that. This photo was taken in a little Tuscan town called Lucca, Italy. It was a dream of my Marmie and me to go. God made it happen. Dreams can come true....

4 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to see this dream fulfilled an to go to Italy.

    Praying God fulfills another of your dreams - the dream for you sweet, precious Hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, me again. :o) I was reading an AWESOME blog today and these posts made me think of you. I'm not sure if you follow Linny's blog (I found it earlier this year and became hooked) but as I read these 2 posts I wanted to pass them on to you.

    http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.ca/2012/09/he-is-not-deadbeat-dad-part-1.html

    http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.ca/2012/09/hes-not-deadbeat-dad-part-2.html

    http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.ca/2012/10/hes-not-deadbeat-dad-part-3.html

    http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.ca/2012/10/hes-not-deadbeat-dad-part-4.html

    I haven't read all these posts yet but wanted to pass them on to you as Linny is amazing! She also has a great post somewhere in her archives about choosing to be a single Mom. It was a great read!!

    Praying for you as your heart desires to become a Mom. I know that heart call well!

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope- beautiful. I love your dream come true picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I've commented so just touching base again. Firstly - has anyone told you you're very VERY good at taking photos? The one in this post is just wonderful. And am I right in assuming you and your mother travelled to Italy recently? It sounds like all plans are in place for you to adopt next year. I really hope this dream comes true - because I can see it's been such an inner heartfelt dream of yours for a long time now. If it goes ahead in 2013 have you been given an approx time frame or is that out of your control at this point? You've described you job which I can only imagine on the good days must be tough, I'm betting that even though sometimes that you must leave work yearning (understandably) for the start of your family that other families that have been in your care must leave so grateful for the care you've given them during a time of such intense need. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete