Where I am...

I started this adoption journey almost four years ago. There have been many unexpected twists and turns but now I am on the road to adopting a baby girl from Russia. Although not her real name we will call her...Hope. For it symbolizes what she is. A miracle, sometimes a dream, always longed and prayed for. With all current paperwork completed all that stands in my way is finances. I invite you to follow my journey as my faith is tested, my belief grows deeper, and soon my Hope will be placed in my arms after so long living in my heart...May you be inspired, encouraged, humored, provoked to think, and always drawn closer to God.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Caterpillars, Cakes, and Baby Boys...


The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Baby Shower

              The year I graduated with my bachelors degree I met an angel. She actually turned out to be married to a friend and co-worker of mine and was actually quite human....but besides all those facts, she was an angel to me. I was doing my student teaching in my last quarter of my Elementary Education degree. I was in a classroom which was with a teacher that, how shall we say, was COMPLETELY different then myself. It was a rough quarter. "A" was in the classroom next door also doing her student teaching. Having her there saved me. We have been fast friends every since. 
           "A" is a brilliant combination of creativity, eclectic ideas, homemade genius, and a dazzling smile. She is the most creative person I know. She sees the possibilities in old chairs and broken down mirrors, making them into fabulous parts of a bigger picture.
           Well, she and her husband are expecting their first baby. It was my pleasure, therefore, with my Marmie as my partner, to have a baby shower honoring her and her baby boy.


Our Caterpillar Cake!


My Beautiful friend "A" (middle in black and white strips), her sister, my and my sister


Some games out on the porch




I made this out of paper lanterns!
The guests were invited to bring their favorite children's book!




 












































We made party favor caterpillars out of skittles!









2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - the effort you and your Mum have put into this baby shower! I expect that day will stay with your friend forever. Absolutely beautiful and meaning touches to everything you added. Being a teacher myself, I love how you asked people to bring along their favourite stories. Just lovely. I don't know where you're at right now in trying to bring home someone into your family, so I hope this doesn't offend, but thank you for putting out the love even if it's hurting alot on the inside. In almost all cases, that sort of gift tends to comes back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing shower you hosted and your decorations are over the top awesome!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete