Where I am...

I started this adoption journey almost four years ago. There have been many unexpected twists and turns but now I am on the road to adopting a baby girl from Russia. Although not her real name we will call her...Hope. For it symbolizes what she is. A miracle, sometimes a dream, always longed and prayed for. With all current paperwork completed all that stands in my way is finances. I invite you to follow my journey as my faith is tested, my belief grows deeper, and soon my Hope will be placed in my arms after so long living in my heart...May you be inspired, encouraged, humored, provoked to think, and always drawn closer to God.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Downtown Wanderings...

       Ever since I was a child I have need to have "being" time. Time to just do nothing. To think to read, to journal. Writing helps me process and clear my head. Since starting down this crooked road of adoption I have found less and less time to "be" but more need for it.
       Questions litter my mind like leaves falling on an autumn day. Filling up the spaces till I cant see the path before me.  What else can I do to make this process faster? How can I work more hours to raise the rest of the funds? What other twist or turn awaits me on the path ahead? If I have learned anything from this road, its that you don't know. You just don't know. You can plan (in fact you must plan), you can hope, you can try to see the way but in the end you don't know how it will work out. I want to impart that to you. If you are in the process of adoption, considering it, etc. Its ok that nothing goes as planned. Its part of the deal. Adoption isn't for wimps! Hold on to the knowledge that that moment of becoming a parent will happen. When it does...all this will cease to matter. Having to change countries three times and wait for finances makes for some interesting obstacles I can tell you that. But its ok.
         Today, I needed to "be." Some time to allow my mind to process, feel, and return to the peace that lies deep in my heart. God has been so good to me...He holds me to the promise of my daughter. I know He will makes it happen.
          Recently I was reminded by a wonderful mom, Catherine http://catherineschatter.blogspot.com/,   that not one single second of my wait was a surprise to God. I find that so comforting...Thanks Catherine.
        These are photos I took while "being." After a nice cup of coffee I just browsed around downtown and snapped a few pictures.













No comments:

Post a Comment